Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome to Vegan Weekly!

So, my husband and I were sharing a delicious seaweed salad (vegan of course) the other day and I mentioned how I think it's the best seaweed salad in San Diego. We got to talking about how tricky it can be to find quality vegan food if you don't know where to look or if you're new to eating vegan. We thought we'd share what we've found and learned since we've been vegan for a little while now (4.5 years for me and 2 for him). Vegan weekly will also be a place where we will share recipes (Marc is an amazing vegan chef!) and shopping tips for vegan products, such as shoes, bags and other cruelty-free goodies.

So, by now you're probably wondering "Where is the best vegan seaweed salad in San Diego?" It's at Chow Noodle House, where the old Celadon used to be, on University between 5th and 6th in Hillcrest. For only $5, you can try it and the place has a really nice ambiance as well. It's a noodle house and although it doesn't have as many vegan choices as Celadon (which is now a few blocks south on 5th), you can still enjoy a full vegan meal there with a few questions and adjustments. By the way, if you haven't tried Celadon yet, you're missing out on the most delicious Thai food, with numerous vegan options. Enjoy and check back weekly for more vegan love! Oh, and happy new year—for those of you who are thinking of becoming vegan, I can't think of a better time to start than now (hint, hint). I'll always remember what a vegan friend said to me while I was still vegetarian that gave me the confidence to try it: "It's not as hard as you think it is."

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yum! Now I'm hungry. Even though I'm not a committed vegan, I really appreciate you making it easier for me (us) to eat vegan options. Looking forward to reading your weekly posts!

Tiffany Olson said...

yay for you two! ;)

Christina Conway said...

you've been sucked into the blogging world, finally! yay!

Coming from a carnivore I can attest that Marc makes the yummiest foods and you'd never guess they are vegan. Very sly. :)

Michelle said...

the boots are great! Have you ever checked out this site: http://www.vegetarianshoesandbags.com/ They have really cute styles there as well!

Anonymous said...

Celadon is the best restaurant in San Diego!!!! Extremely delicious and vegan friendly!