Sunday, January 27, 2008

Better Bathing



Probably the last thing that Marc gave up for his vegan lifestyle was Ivory soap. I was never that big a fan, but he had used it all his life and was resistant to using anything else until I pointed out that it is made of animal fat - yuck! Does that sound very clean to you?

Now, I must admit that I am not perfect when it comes to choosing vegan products, but I have started to become much more conscious about what I buy for the outside of my body as well as the inside. PETA has a great little brochure with a list of safe companies for toiletries and cosmetics that I just always have in my purse now (you can order your own here: http://www.caringconsumer.com/resources_order.asp).

Recently, Marc has switched over to using my favorite shower gel, Shikai, and it's become his favorite too. It comes in many great scents (we like the lavender mint one right now), and is completely animal- testing and product free. At first it seemed extravagant to buy shower gel instead of soap but it didn't take long to realize that it's actually more cost-effective because of how long it lasts and how little waste there is compared to soaps that melt away. Try it out and you can bathe with a clean conscious as well as body!

No comments: