Friday, October 17, 2008

Vegan on the run...

Well, as always, I've been busy. Although I'm done with school, I went to Philly for a visit during my short one-week break, and then classes started (the ones I teach), and here we are again. However, I do have some veg news to share with everyone.

I have a new favorite vegan restaurant: Horizons in Philly. I went there with my friends Wendi, Susannah and Josh and we had a delicious meal. The service, atmosphere and pacing of the courses were also excellent. Too bad it's so far away! But if you happen to be in the vicinity, you must check it out.

Sometimes it's not easy finding good eats when you're traveling. But I had the great luck of staying at Susannah and Josh's for a couple nights and experiencing their amazing vegan and mainly raw cuisine. Josh made the best miso soup I've ever had (no exaggeration!) and Susannah made a yummy pesto that we used in wraps. They even make their own almond milk, and I will be trying to make it myself soon. I'll let you all know how it goes... 'til then, bon appetit and thanks for thinking of the critters!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Horizon rocks! Glad I could take you there. Marc is next....